LET'S DEFEAT BREAST CANCER. WE'RE STRONGER TOGETHER.


Good morning friends and family. Today's post a is very special one and I feel humbled to have been asked to help share information about the Estee Lauder Companies' 2014 Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) Campaign. The BCA campaign is rooted in the knowledge that when people join together, they are "stronger together," and can achieve greater impact. This year's campaign is also focused on sharing personal stories and encouraging women to share their breast cancer stories with family and friends.

I've been getting regular mammograms and breast ultrasounds since I was thirty-five years old and I've always encouraged women to do the same. If you are younger than 35, make sure you get yearly check-ups with your gynecologist. During these examinations, your doctor will do a breast exam and it's important to do at-home breast examinations to check for any lumps. While I'm at my mammogram appointment I always, remind my family to pray for me and I read uplifting scriptures to help calm any anxiety that I may be feeling. I think it's a great idea to even plan a morning or afternoon with a friend to get your mammos together. If you know of someone who hasn't had an exam in a while or is afraid to go by themselves, go with them. Family and friends are stronger together. 

The Estee Lauder Companies' BCA Campaign is committed to defeating breast cancer through increased action, education and medical research. Click here to view the first piece of The 2014 BCA Campaign video series: "Hear our stories. Share Yours." It's about real families sharing their stories on how they feel stronger together.

Make your mammo appt. today...

Faith, Hope, and Love
XO,
Desiree

 Follow my RSS Feed   Like me on Facebook  Follow me on Twitter   Follow me on Pinterest  Follow me on Instagram  Follow me on Bloglovin

JEREMIAH 29:11-13

Click here to see how some other bloggers are spreading breast cancer awareness this October.


Compensation for this post was provided by The Estee Lauder Companies via AOL Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of The Estee Lauder Companies or AOL.

I'm making a donation to fight breast cancer. Please join me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment